CALL FOR ROBOT EXHIBITION
We are pleased to present the call for expressions of interest in the Robot Exhibition of the 31st International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence and the 23rd European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (July 23–29, 2022, Vienna, Austria). IJCAI-ECAI-22 will be a premier international gathering of researchers in AI, and the Robot Exhibition will run alongside the IJCAI-ECAI-22 combined technical program (https://ijcai-22.org/).
Robots are a central focus of AI research and development, providing preeminent examples where cognitive skills (e.g., in perception, decision-making, control) are necessary to cope with complex tasks, and both naturalistic and controlled environments. On the one hand, developing intelligent robot systems involves challenging open research questions in AI. On the other hand, established AI methods are gaining increasing interest and applicability in various domains (e.g., industries, services, space) that involve robots alongside humans.
This exhibition offers a prime space for exhibiting both achieved results and new opportunities for the development and use of AI in Robotics in the real world to a large audience of professional AI researchers from academia and industry. The exhibition seeks to involve both academic and industrial groups interested in the combination of AI and Robotics. The exhibition will thus provide an outstanding opportunity for universities, research organizations, and companies to showcase their research on the world stage.
We invite expressions of interest for demonstrations of robotic systems, software, and tools that exploit AI methods and technologies, and that would be of interest to the broad AI community. Expressions of interest should include:
- A one-page description (in IJCAI format) of:
○ the proposing group/company,
○ the robotic technology to be demonstrated,
○ the relevance of this technology to AI.
- A video of up to two-minutes demonstrating the system in action; the video should be at most 100MB, in mp4 format. Please include your title and authorship info in the opening of the video.
Submission website: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/IJCAIrobot2022/
Expressions of interest will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Relevance: What is the relevance of the shown demonstration to AI?
- Understandability: How amenable is the showcase to technical and non-technical audiences?
- Submission of expressions of interest: April 30, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: May 15, 2022
IJCAI-ECAI 2022 Robot Exhibition Chairs
- Mehul Bhatt, Örebro University, Sweden / CoDesign Lab EU
- Esra Erdem, Sabanci University, Turkey
Please, send all enquiries about the Robot Exhibition Track to
the track Co-Chairs via email: firstname.lastname@example.org