CALL FOR VIDEOS
We are pleased to announce the first call for video submissions to the upcoming IJCAI-ECAI 2022 Video Competition. The IJCAI-ECAI 2022, the 31st International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence and the 23rd European Conference on Artificial Intelligence, the premier international gathering of researchers in AI!
In the spirit of earlier AI Video Competitions, our intention is to provide researchers with a showcase for demonstrating how exciting and interesting Artificial Intelligence can be, as well as offering to the public and the media accurate information crafted first-hand by researchers.
The results of the competition will be presented at the IJCAI-ECAI 2022 conference (July 23-29 in Vienna, Austria), where the awards for best videos will be announced.
All videos will also be made available online.
Important Dates (AI Video Competition):
Submission of videos by:
May 10, 2022 May 30, 2022 (Everywhere on Earth).
Notification of acceptance and award nominations: May 31, 2022.
Final version due: June 21, 2022.
Note: all deadlines are Central European Time (CET), UTC +1, Paris, Brussels, Vienna.
A wide range of videos related to artificial intelligence can be submitted to the competition. The topic of a video might, for example, be a general or specific area of AI, the work of a particular researcher or group (yourselves or others), or a concrete application that depends on one or more AI techniques, and that may be based entirely on software or partly on hardware. A video may concern works with different levels of maturity: you can introduce something new and interesting, describing known but ongoing research, or summarize a mature area or application, showing its impact on society. The intended audience of a video can be students learning about a topic in a classroom, researchers interested in learning more about subfields outside their own, the general public, or the media, etc.
Several distinct awards will be given. The following categories are envisioned, but may change depending on the submissions received.
- Best robotic video (demonstrating a use of AI in relation with robotics)
- Most entertaining video (illustrating AI in an amusing or interesting way)
- Most educational video (for students learning about a topic)
- Most beneficial video for society (showing the public what AI can do and does for society)
In all cases, keeping the viewer interested and engaged is essential. The best videos of earlier AI video competitions have often achieved this through the use of humor, background music, and animations. To ensure that the videos are comprehensible to a wide audience, they must be narrated and subtitled in English.
The following criteria must be satisfied by all participating videos:
- The video must be relevant to the area of Artificial Intelligence.
- The language must be English and the maximum length is 5 minutes, we encourage shorter videos.
- The video must be submitted in AVI or MPEG4 format.
- The authors must hold the copyright for all materials used, such as music, video, sounds and images, or have explicit written permission from the copyright holders to use and distribute this material.
- The video must not be offensive or advertise/promote commercial products.
After the submission deadline, all submitted videos satisfying the requirements stated above will be reviewed by the video competition program committee (to be announced) according to the following criteria:
Excitement: How interesting and exciting is the actual technology, research area, application, or other work being presented?
Educational content: To what extent can other AI researchers, students, or the general public learn about artificial intelligence from the video?
Entertainment value: How entertaining and captivating is the video to watch?
Presentation quality: How well is the video produced, what is the quality of the narration and soundtrack, etc.?
The best videos will be nominated for awards and the winners decided by the committee will be announced during IJCAI-ECAI 2022.
To submit a video, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Your e-mail should contain the following information:
- The title of your video
- A link to the video, hosted on an internationally accessible platform (please e-mail the chairs in advance, to the email address above, if this presents a difficulty)
- Names, affiliations, and e-mail addresses of everyone who has contributed to the video
- A brief 1-paragraph description of the content and the format of the video
Note that attending the IJCAI-ECAI 2022 conference is not required. For further information about participation in the competition, please contact the video track chairs via the firstname.lastname@example.org email.