CALL FOR DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION ACTIVITIES
July 23-29, 2022: IJCAI-ECAI-22 Diversity and Inclusion program
Participation in AI by groups that are underrepresented in computer science is a fraction of what is needed to have an AI workforce that reflects the diversity in society. Diversity has many facets, including race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, cultural background, and geographic region.
We would like to invite submissions of proposals for activities that will help broaden participation in the AI field. Activities can range from meetings for specific groups, to panels, workshops to discuss the situation and propose changes, reports on outreach activities, and more. The length of the activities can vary from two hours to a full day. Here are two example events from IJCAI-ECAI 2021: Borderless: Diversity of Academic and Industrial Careers across Continents; Empowering Girls and Women to use Space Technology and AI for Sustainable Development.
Requirements for Proposal Submission
Workshop proposals should be submitted electronically as a single PDF file via email to email@example.com. We will continue to process submissions as they arrive until April 15, 2022.
The proposals should be short (at most 2 pages in pdf format +1 page for brief resume) and address the following:
- What activity is proposed and its specific objectives?
- The name, organization, email address, and URL of the homepage of each organizing committee member.
- A brief resume for each organizing committee member.
- What is the target audience (academics, industry, graduate students, undergraduate students, etc)?
- What is the expected number of participants?
- Duration of the proposed activity and proposed schedule
- Will the activity be by invitation only or will it need an open call for participation/registration/submission, and what is the expected timeline (call out, deadline, notification)?
- Advertisement strategy: how will the event be advertised on mailing lists and social media?
Please send all questions to the IJCAI-ECAI 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org), Fei Fang and Gita Sukthankar.